Certified Aftersales Masterclass
This Masterclass is the pinnacle of Aftersales Management covering everything there is to know about running a successful Service and Parts operation. It provides a thorough and comprehensive understanding of all the key performance indicators you need to include in your strategy to achieve the results you want.
Video Duration = 3 minutes 33 seconds
you’ll get all the knowledge and tools you need to
deliver your results in the fastest possible time
One of the problems with being in management is that some people are thrown in at the deep end. Company reports are not properly explained and they often feel uncomfortable and lack confidence because they don’t understand some of the figures. There’s no one to ask for advice or help, or when they do get advice it’s often confusing. Learning on the job by trial and error can take years for someone to reach their full potential and their journey to success takes far too long, it’s painful and it’s costly for the company and the people concerned. Thank goodness, it doesn’t have to be that way.
We recognise what happens in the real world and we eliminate all of those problems to create a whole new world of clarity, vision and self confidence. We put you at ease in a comfortable environment while Jeff Smith explains financial information and the most critical key performance indicators in jargon-busting plain English that everyone understands making it easy for you to fast-track your career to the next stage.
When you’re in possession of the correct tools, the correct KPI and you know how to execute everything in the most effective way, you’ll create a whole new world for yourself where you win more customers, increase sales and make more profit
Both Service and Parts departments are rammed with an abundance of information and jargon, you’ve probably met people who throw words into a conversation like “efficiency” or “Circulation of Operational Investment” without giving much thought to what it really means. For instance, you can ask 10 different people for the meaning of KPI such as Overall Efficiency, Productivity, Utilisation, Technical Efficiency and Loading Efficiency you’ll probably get 10 different answers on each one and the odds are that none of them are correct. It’s a frustrating subject with a real lack of clarity and true understanding.
“More speed in the wrong direction doesn’t help”
This Aftersales Masterclass is where Jeff Smith brings everything together in one place.
You gain pure clarity and a complete understanding of everything to do with the financial reports and every single key performance indicator within the entirety of the Service and Parts Departments.
You’ll be using the Pyramids of Power and dynamic case studies to reveal exactly that the top achievers are doing so you can apply the best techniques into your business; he leaves no stones unturned.
Here’s a basic overview of what you’ll cover:
- Unlocking the secrets of the Service Department
- Management Accounts Made Easy – A complete understanding of financial information and terminology
- Understanding the financial information of the Service Department
- How to improve operational performance in the Service Department
- Understanding all Service department KPI – Which ones to use to guarantee your success
- Understanding Benchmarks and Baselines and how to measure yourself properly against them
- How to accurately measure Service Department operational performance
- Structuring your Daily Operating Controls (DOC)
- How to prioritise your actions to gain the best results in the fastest possible time
- Explanation of every KPI – The good, the bad and the ugly
- Understanding the 6 most important KPI that are critical for your success
- Identifying the KPI to avoid so you prevent yourself from wasting your valuable time and energy
- Understanding the relationships between KPI and how they’re linked together in your performance (Very Important)
- Jeff Smith’s Laws of the Service Department together with the diagrams, Benchmarks and Baselines
- Using Service Department case studies to demonstrate and understand how your actions change the financials
- How to select the correct KPI to match your specific objectives
- Understanding how the “The Top Achievers” achieve their success
- How to accurately measure the efficiency of Technicians
- How to measure the skills of the Service Advisors
- Understanding and measuring Workshop Loading
- Unlocking the secrets of the Parts Department
- The Law of Parts Stock Management – Diagrams and benchmarks
- The Law of Parts Business Profitability – Diagrams and benchmarks
- How to improve operational performance in the Parts Department
- Understanding all Parts Departmental KPI
- Measuring Parts Department operational performance
- The importance interdepartmental relationships
- Understanding the different types of Parts Stock Turns and how to improve them
- Understanding Parts Circulation of Operational Investment and how to improve it
- Understanding Parts Return on Operational Investment and how to improve it
- Parts Department Case studies for practical understanding
- Understanding Advanced Absorption
- Understanding Resorption
- Understanding Sales Retention Index
- Understanding dealership strategic synergy
- Accurate analysis of the gap between actual and targeted performance and what to do about it
- How to focus on what matters most to your success
- How to increase Service and Parts Department profitability without destroying customer satisfaction
- Ensure staff buy-in to your plans and create a culture of continuous performance improvement
- How to make measurement about transformation and not about beating people with a stick
As you can see, there’s a huge amount of information to cover here and to assist you with some accelerated learning, this Aftersales Masterclass is designed around practical techniques and templates, real-life case studies where we give you time to practise what you learn and to discuss what is most relevant to you and how you might put these lessons into practice in your workplace.
“It’s not what you do, it’s how you measure what you do
that makes the difference”
Who Should Attend This Masterclass?
The programme is designed for people who want to gain more clarity and confidence on financial information and KPI to develop best practice and operational performance improvement in the Service and Parts Departments. If you understand some of your KPI and financial information, but not all of it, this masterclass is for you.
The Power of Networking Should Never Be Underestimated When You’re Here
It doesn’t matter if you’re working in a large franchised dealership or a small independent workshop, you’ll be working with the latest cutting-edge information to develop your business and sharing your best practice ideas with each other.
Jeff Smith is the master of managing a group of people with mixed abilities and objectives so you all learn together without feeling lost or out of your depth. You’ll be meeting and networking with people from other businesses that you wouldn’t normally meet, these encounters are often invaluable, especially over dinner at the end of the day.
You’ll be in a select group of people where you’ll be made most welcome and your every need will be catered for, regardless of your experience.
Is this masterclass challenging?
Oh Yes! This is where you’re going to dig deep, move outside of your comfort zone and squeeze every last drop of juice out of each KPI to ensure you’re well armed for optimising your performance. We want you to gain the absolute maximum you can while you’re here and that’s why you get one-to-one support from Jeff whenever you need it.
This masterclass is highly recommended for:
- Existing Managers with all levels of experience from beginner to veteran
- Aspiring Managers who want the right training for a properly structured career path
- Teams or individuals with performance measurement responsibility of the Service and Parts Departments
- People who are part of a strategic planning team who are seeking the best practical ideas for improving performance
- Budget analysts who need performance information to formulate budgets and evaluation
Will This Masterclass Be In Conflict With Any Other Training I’ve Done?
No, Absolutely not, in fact it will support and strengthen anything you’ve done before.
One of the problems is that not everyone knows that KPI benchmarks and baselines are not random numbers, you can’t just make them up, or pluck them out of thin air, they’re wholly dependent upon science. However, some reports don’t apply this science and because of this, in any given month, you might hit some targets but not others because the connections have not been realised. Also some budgets don’t show the connections between the relevant KPI which means that improving your operational performance and hitting your targets on a consistent basis is never going happen and you’ll be held back.
To combat all these misunderstandings and to provide you with absolute clarity, Jeff Smith is revealing the secrets, the science and the evidence behind all KPI benchmarks and baselines so you know how they are created and where the information comes from. Perhaps more importantly, he’ll also show you how certain KPI are linked together and how they are interdependent upon each other to create harmony and synergy in your Service and Parts Departments so you achieve consistent results on an ongoing basis.
You’ll come away with the knowledge and evidence to question everything in Aftersales to make sure your strategic vision is correct and achievable every single month. You’ll also be armed with sufficient clarity to explain everything to your team so they buy into you strategy and make change happen. Rest assured, nothing is random and your performance improvement is not left to chance. Once you know the embedded secrets behind the most important KPI, the frustration of hitting some targets and not others will be a thing of the past.
How Many Days Is This Masterclass?
The programme duration is 3 days.
We begin at 09:00 and finish around 17:30, or later if you have the energy to continue. Jeff Smith is flexible with timing to facilitate the best possible learning experience so you get the very most out of the Masterclass.
What’s Included In My VIP Masterclass Package?
Obviously, you have the 3 days with personal one-to-one assistance with Jeff at your masterclass. During this time, we provide you with lunch on all 3 days, refreshments throughout each day and your Masterclass workbook and pen. Hotel accommodation and evening meals are not included because everyone likes to do different things. When the masterclass has finished for the day, you’re free to do as you wish in the evenings with plenty of restaurants and nightlife to choose from and we’ll provide you with recommendations to suit your requirements,
We don’t expect you to remember everything in this intensive programme, you’ll want to continue studying when it’s all over to keep it all fresh in your mind so you can apply it into your workplace. Your Masterclass Workbook you’ll take away with you from the event is filled with the critical information and case studies for you to practise, but here’s a real bonus for you.
Jeff Smith will be available to you for a further 12 months. You can contact him by email, telephone, Zoom or any other method for help and advice on any of the topics we’ve covered here and he’ll make sure you understand any of the points or KPI you might be unsure about; yes that’s correct, you have Jeff as your mentor to go through any of the concepts that you’re struggling to understand.
This feature alone is worth it’s weight in gold because in addition to this, you can also contact Jeff to discuss anything to do with KPI and the latest trends and Best Practice.
The #1 Best-Selling Books
In addition to your Masterclass Workbook, you’ll also receive personally signed copies of Jeff Smith’s books in hardback. You’ll getting the very latest editions including The KPI Book Third Edition, Management Accounts Made Easy and How To Make More Profit With Your Service Department. Your Masterclass covers everything you need and it’s reinforced for a lifetime in these prestige bound books.
Brand New Releases
Jeff Smith is currently writing a brand new series of books and you’ll be getting them first. As a Masterclass VIP, you’re going to be one of the first people in the world to receive the “First Edition” personally signed copies of these brand new books when they’re released. They’re filled with the latest information on KPI, Best Practice and how to use and deploy the strategies into your business.
This Aftersales Masterclass is also certified, but it’s not a simple attendance certificate just for turning up. At the end of the programme, you can choose to sit an exam consisting of 25 questions with multiple choice answers at both Certificate and Diploma levels. Upon completion, you receive your grade which will be Pass 60%, Merit 70% or Distinction 80%.
Your name and your grade is proudly printed on your prestige A3 parchment stating the grade you have achieved and it’s signed by the Jeff Smith and the President of the Board of Education. It’s valid for a period of 5 years and you can re-validate it online
Your Satisfaction Is Guaranteed
Quite simply, there’s no other programme like this that offers some much content and value. However, if you’re still not totally convinced this totally unique event provides you with everything you’ll ever need to gain complete mastery of the KPI in Aftersales, then if you don’t like what you see when you’re here, for any reason whatsoever, we’ll give you 100% of your money back; and that’s guaranteed.
Jeff Smith’s training programmes have been externally verified by The Institute of the Motor Industry (The IMI) and all of them have the QAA seal of approval. Apart from this outstanding achievement, here are the words taken directly from the assessment:
“The standard of delegate assessments, feedback and support to delegates is 1st Class. Jeff Smith’s approach and attention to detail sets the benchmark for everyone else in the industry to follow.”
Roger Dipple – Lead External Verifier, The IMI.
We’ve done our very best to take away all the doubt,
we’ve definitely taken away all the risk and
now it’s up to you.